We know that sometimes the hardest part of a kitchen remodel is choosing a style. Today’s kitchen remodeling options are greater than ever before! Since there isn’t a test to help you choose, we thought the next best thing would be to help you understand common design styles and make suggestions as to where to get some ideas to share with your remodeling company.
The Most Common Kitchen Styles
There are countless kitchen styles, however, these are the ones that we see trending today in the Northeast.
- Farmhouse – Farmhouse kitchens work well in many homes, especially in our area. Whether you have an older home or modern one, an apron sink, warm tones and glass-front cabinets are elements of this style.
- Industrial – This exceptionally modern style has clean lines, minimalistic décor and elements that range from exposed brick to metal backsplashes. When possible, ceilings are high and ductwork is exposed.
- Craftsman – Sometimes this style of kitchen remodel is referred to as a traditional kitchen. There are many similarities and they can be grouped together. If you appreciate clean lines and natural wood, craftsman or traditional is a good choice for you.
- Coastal – Although we’re not especially close to the beaches, many homeowners are drawn to the light, airy and open costal kitchen. It’s defined by colors you find at the beach, from tans and peach to blues and greens.
- Contemporary – If you want a clean look, consider a contemporary-style kitchen. Flat-front cabinets, quartz countertops with little pattern and contrasting colors all define a contemporary kitchen.
- Transitional – This kitchen mixes both traditional and contemporary to give you a modern but comfortable look. This style is great in an older home where you want a bit of modern design.
Where to Find Inspiration
We’re all familiar with the countless remodeling shows on television. They’re a great place for inspiration, however, it’s harder to show a remodeling company what you like from a TV show. If there’s something that really stands out, pause and snap a picture. Of course, there are countless websites – from Pinterest to Houzz and even stock image sites – you can search for inspiration for your kitchen remodel.
Turn to G.M. Roth Design Remodeling
As a kitchen remodeling company with more than 30 years of design and construction experience, G.M. Roth can help you define your style. During our free initial consultation, we’ll help you figure out what you want and work to bring your vision to to reality. Call us today to schedule your in-person or virtual appointment at (603) 880-3761, or fill out our contact form.