Renovating your kitchen can be a thrilling yet challenging project. Done successfully, and you can enhance the overall appeal of your home, boost its value and make it a more functional space. However, not every kitchen remodel ends up being a dream come true. In this blog post, we discuss a few things that can make or break the project.
How a Kitchen Remodel Can Lead to Success
You know this major undertaking is a success if you’ve done a bit of research and planning:
- Understanding Your Kitchen Needs. Before embarking on a kitchen remodeling project, defining your needs is essential. The type of cooking you do, the appliances you need and the amount of storage required all feed into the design of the remodel. You can create a functional space that caters to your individual requirements by detailing your needs.
- Choosing the Right Materials. The materials you select for your kitchen can significantly impact the final outcome. Quality materials ensure long-lasting durability and add aesthetic appeal to your kitchen. While it might mean investing more upfront, it can save you from frequent repairs or replacement in the future.
- Work Sequencing. A well-planned kitchen remodel is all about proper sequencing. You wouldn’t want your new floor installed before the cabinets, only to realize later that the floor has to be ripped out to install plumbing fixtures. Planning the work order can ensure a smooth, systematic process, resulting in a well-executed renovation.
How a Kitchen Remodel Can Lead to Failure
Make sure to avoid the following if you want to ensure an overall successful project completion:
- Ignoring the Kitchen Work Triangle. A well-designed kitchen considers the work triangle, which is formed by the strategic placement of the stove, sink and refrigerator. Ignoring this aspect during your kitchen remodeling could lead to an inefficient layout, disrupting the flow of work in the kitchen.
- Overlooking Storage Space. Insufficient storage can quickly turn your dream kitchen into a nightmare. Ample storage in your kitchen design ensures everything has its place, reducing clutter and making the space more functional.
- Inadequate Lighting. This can affect your kitchen’s functionality and aesthetics. Task lighting over work areas, ambient lighting for overall illumination and accent lighting for dramatic effect are necessary for a well-lit, welcoming kitchen.
Work With a Reliable Remodeling Contractor
Expert design remodelers bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to your project. These professionals can guide you on the suitable materials, the latest designs and efficient space utilization. They ensure common pitfalls are avoided, markedly improving the chances of a successful kitchen renovation.
For high-quality kitchen remodeling services, turn to the experienced team at G.M. Roth Design Remodeling. Give us a call at (603) 880-3761, or fill out our contact form and turn your vision into reality.