As a remodeler with more than 30 years of experience, G.M. Roth Design Remodeling has completed countless projects. Over the years, we’ve established a six-step process which helps us create the new kitchen, bathroom or other space exactly as you’ve envisioned, on time and on budget. In the end, you have a space you can enjoy for years to come and a home that’s worth more when you go to sell it.
Not Just a Floor Plan But a Project Plan
All home remodeling projects – big or small, DIY or with a remodeler – start with a plan. However, a good remodeling company has steps they follow for all projects to aid with communication and ensure success of the project. As you interview different remodeling companies about your specific project, ask about the project plan. If they don’t have one in place, they may not be the right remodelers for you.
Once you receive the preliminary plans you’ve chosen from the remodeler, they’ll likely include a budget. You need to know that if you choose cabinets that are outside their primary lines, you may spend more or less. The same goes for appliances and other fixtures. However, if you and the design consultant go over the plans and you make changes, you shouldn’t be charged for design revisions.
On the other hand, if you see something you want changed while the home remodeling project is underway, you may be charged for this type of change. Sometimes it’s because the remodeler will incur a restocking fee by the supplier or the change you want involves additional supplies and time. You should be prepared to pay for this type of change.
The Communication Plan
A remodeling company should assign a project manager to every project. Although the project manager likely won’t be on site every day, all day, they will stop by from time to time and communicate with their on-site teams as needed. Ask your remodeler about their communication plan. At the very least, they should tell you at the end of each week what’s been accomplished and what to expect in the coming week.
Our 6-Step Process
Because we have such vast experience as a remodeler, we have perfected the G.M. Roth plan. Although we call it a six-step plan, there are many elements within each step. In brief, our steps are:
- Needs Assessment Consultation – We also refer to this as the initial consultation.
- Preliminary Design Development – Where we take what we hear you want and create several 3D options to share with you, along with a respective budget for each.
- Final Design Development – Using your comments on the preliminary design, we will create your final design which includes selected elements such as cabinets, appliances, countertops and more, and provide you with your final quote.
- Pre-Production – During this phase, we work primarily off-site, generating floor plans, filing for permits, meeting with the team to ensure everyone understands the scope and, finally, meeting in your home to lay out the timeline and answer questions.
- Project Production – This is everything from demolition of the existing space to completion of the final work. We have an online portal so you can check in daily to see where we are in the process. We provide you with weekly updates of completed work.
- Project Completion – Although the work may be completed in the project production phase, we don’t consider the job done until we conduct a final walkthrough.
Of course, we also provide a three-year workmanship warranty, so we’re here for you if any issues arise after we’ve completed the job.
Contact G.M. Roth Design Remodeling Today
We’re the experienced home remodeling company with a plan for your remodel. We service northern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. Fill out our contact form or call us at (603) 880-3761 today!