At G.M. Roth we are taking the threat of coronavirus (COVID-19) and the health concerns facing our community very seriously. We are completing all jobs in progress at the clients’ discretion, ensuring all parties involved are comfortable with the precautions we are taking. We are adjusting our business operations to focus on exterior projects including decks, porches, porticos, siding, roofing, and window projects. We will start new interior remodeling projects only if they can be isolated from the rest of the house or if the client is not currently living in the home.
We have been carefully following all CDC guidelines and recommendations and are able to report that no employee at G.M. Roth has experienced any symptoms at this time. All G.M. Roth employees who can are working from home to limit the amount of people in the showroom, which is closed to the general public. The showroom will be open by appointment only for use in project development and product selection. Only one client visit will be conducted at a time.
Our entire team recognizes that we have a closer relationship with our clients than many other companies because we work in and around their homes. One of the many benefits of working with a full-service remodeler like G.M. Roth Design Remodeling is that we are equipped to take special precautions during this time to ensure that your home remains clean and safe.
Here are just a few of the steps we have already implemented:
1) Requiring Isolation: We have determined that none of our employees have traveled internationally in the last 15 days. Any employee who travels out of the country, or uses mass transit even within the United States, will be asked to isolate for two weeks before returning to a work site. All company travel has been cancelled. Any employee who has contact with a person experiencing symptoms or has symptoms themselves has been instructed to self-isolate.
2) Greatly Reducing Occupational Exposure: We have taken concrete steps to create meaningful social distance within our team. Large gatherings have been postponed or cancelled, small meetings are being held online, and anyone who works in the office has been asked to work remotely if possible. These steps should mean that our employees will primarily travel between their own homes and work sites, with little to no occupational exposure to others.
3) Jobsite Contractor Log: Everyone who enters the jobsite is required to sign in and provide answers to screening questions about their exposure, symptoms, and travel. Anyone who answers ‘yes’ to any of the screening questions will not be allowed on the job.
4) Industry-Leading Hygiene Plan: Our employees are being equipped with disinfectant wipes to regularly clean tools, as well as any relevant portions of a work site. Employees have also been asked to keep six feet of distance from clients and coworkers. We will also continue to clean our work areas at the end of each day as we always have. We have instructed our employees to wear facemasks and gloves while on our clients’ property.
5) Limiting In-Home Movement: Employees have been asked to enter as little of your home as possible. We are happy to move any bathroom usage to an offsite location. We will also strive to completely isolate the work area with the use of dust walls.
6) Hygiene Training: All employees have been trained on and are required to follow the CDC guidelines for reducing transmission, including frequent hand washing.
We are sensitive that this is a unique and concerning time for many families. Our guiding principle has always been to treat each client’s home as if it were our own, and these steps are just the beginning of our commitment to help keep your home clean, safe, and beautiful.
We will continue to monitor this situation and adjust as necessary to keep the safety of our clients and our employees the top priority.
Owner, President, G.M. Roth Design Remodeling