GM Roth Design Remodeling (Nashua) is growing at an impressive pace and we need to hire experienced, hardworking, “get it done” Carpenters to join our production team. Our target market is the Merrimack Valley region with 50% our jobs in southern New Hampshire and 50% in northern Massachusetts.
As we continue to grow each year, we remain focused on what makes us different and more successful than the competition and that’s working together to deliver service that’s personal and tailored to the customer. It’s what we do, but more importantly, it’s what we believe in.
You will be working with individuals who have a passion for exceeding the customer’s expectation. We’re not just another home improvement contractor. We are known in the community as a company with the highest standards of work and an undisputed reputation for customer service and quality.
This is a career opportunity, not just a “job.” We are looking for a long-term person – someone who is looking for a place to call “home” and grow with us.
The Carpenter’s main objective is to assist the Project Supervisors and Lead Carpenters in building quality construction projects per the G.M. Roth process, mission, vision, and core values. Their performance is very important to the success of our company. The Carpenter is on the “front line” in achieving our goals of superior product quality, superior client satisfaction, and profitability.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- The Carpenter is responsible for performing direct labor consisting of demolition, carpentry, hand excavation, clean-up, dust protection and any other labor necessary to successfully complete the project.
- Work successfully with G.M. Roth’s sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for re-locating materials (if needed) as specified by the Lead Carpenter and/or the Production Manager.
- Protect the Owner’s property. Do not use, or allow others to use, any of the Owner’s equipment, tools, or cleaning supplies.
- Rake/Broom/Vacuum-clean the job site daily and haul away debris as needed.
- Comply with company’s safety program.
- Keep dust and dirt isolated from the Owner’s living space using floor protection and dust control barriers.
- Lock-up carefully at the end of each day.
Why Work for G.M. Roth?
- Competitive wages
- Promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
- Outstanding reputation in the community.
- Integrity based company.
- Management team committed to your success.
- Competent and capable people to work with.
- Minimum 2-5 years carpentry experience.
- Required tools and a reliable truck
- Able to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Verifiable references.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Results oriented – goal driven.
- High standards of work – “good enough” is not our standard.
- Safety conscious.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, subcontractors, and clients verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow work processes and procedures.
- Willingness to learn.
- Responsible and accountable for their results.
- Team player.
- Challenge oriented – the word “can’t” is not in your vocabulary.
- $18.00 – $25.00 an hour depending on experience.
- Beat the Budget Bonus when applicable
- Mileage Reimbursement
- 10 Paid Time Off Days, begins accruing after 90 days of employment
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical and dental plan
- 401k – eligible after 1 year on the 1st of the month