There’s no arguing that the bathroom is often one of the more overlooked rooms in the home. If you’ve finally decided it’s time for a bathroom remodel, don’t just do the minimum. Remodel your space for comfort and luxury with these bathroom remodeling tips.
Chances are good that your countertops are laminate or cultured marble. It’s also possible that you have vinyl flooring. If you’re looking to modernize the space with a bathroom remodel, choose modern materials. You’ll want quartz or granite countertops and tile flooring. Not only will these products look great, if you decide to sell your home, they are elements buyers want.
Spectacular Showers & Tubs
Frameless glass doors, multiple showerheads and true shower benches are just a few things that make for a spectacular shower. Choosing a tub that is the right length and depth is key if you want to soak. Selecting one that fits with your overall style is key as well. If you’re going to remodel your bathroom, don’t skimp on the shower or tub. You’ll likely use one of them every day. Plus, your shower is one of the more expensive elements to replace if you don’t love it.
There are many bathroom remodeling upgrades you may not initially consider but perhaps should. Although they will add to the total budget, they’re well worth it for your comfort. Here are a few to talk to your remodeler about:
- Heated floors. Tile can be cold, especially in the winter. Today’s floor heating technology doesn’t use as much electricity and you can put it on a timer to switch on at a certain time every morning and then off before you head to work.
- Comfortable seating. If you have the square footage, consider adding a place to sit. This can be a vanity with a bench, a window seat or an ottoman in the middle of the floor. Adding seating to the bathroom may sound odd at first, but you’ll be surprised at how often you use it.
- Silent vents. When compared to traditional exhaust vents, silent vents are barely audible. You can choose ones that stand alone or are incorporated into can lighting. Having the vent on without the noise is something you’ll appreciate.
- Fireplace. If you’re going all-out with your bathroom and love to soak in the tub, consider adding a fireplace. It’s certainly a luxury but one that you may truly enjoy, especially if you want to quickly warm the room on a cold winter morning.
- Heated towel bar. This little luxury is affordable, attractive and you’ll feel like you’re in a spa when you reach for your warm towel every morning.
G.M. Roth Is Your Bathroom Remodeling Company
We have decades of experience as a bathroom remodeling company. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious remodel of your master bath or a simple update to a guest bath, G.M. Roth can help. We’d love to meet with you to discuss your needs and our ideas. Call us at (603) 880-3761 to request your free consultation today.